Shadow Arena - Terms of Service
Article 1 (Purpose)
① Pearl Abyss (Pearl Abyss Corp., Pearl Abyss Taiwan Corp., Pearl Abyss H.K. Limited. and Pearl Abyss America, Inc., Pearl Abyss JP Co., Ltd. Hereinafter referred to as “Pearl Abyss” or the “Company”) provides game services such as the PC, Console or Mobile of Pearl Abyss, the homepage services, and other related services (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
② The purpose of these Terms is to define the rights, obligations, responsibilities of the Company and users, and other necessary matters regarding the use of services provided by Pearl Abyss.
Article 2 (Definition of Terms)
① The definitions of terms used in these Terms are as follows.
- 1. “User Agreement” means the agreement between the Company and the User to use the services provided by the Company.
- 2. The “User” means a person who uses the Company’s services after completing the User Agreement in accordance with the procedures provided by the Company.
- 3. The “Game World” means a variable virtual world that has realized games so that multiple users enjoy entertainments or a good use of leisure, promote friendship, exchange information, etc. through game services in accordance with certain rules.
- 4. “Game Account” or “ID” (hereinafter referred to as the “Account”) means a combination of letters, numbers, or special characters selected by the User and approved by the Company for User identification and service use.
- 5. “The Game Account Information” (hereinafter referred to as “Account Information”) refers collectively to generated information, such as general information and game usage information, payment status of usage fees, etc. provided to the Company by users, including the user’s account, password, and name.
- 6. “Character” means the game data that the User selects and controls in accordance with the method provided by the Company within the game world for the use of service.
- 7. “PASSWORD” or “password” (hereinafter referred to as a “password”) means a combination of characters, numbers, or special characters that the User selects by himself or herself and manages in secret to verify that he or she owns the corresponding account.
- 8. “Paid Contents” refers to the service and related contents that can be purchased and used by the Company after making a payment via payment method designated by the Company.
- 9. “Gcoin” is a virtual payment method purchased and used by the User and may only be used as a means to use the Company’s services.
- 10. “Charging” means the act of purchasing Gcoin by using the payment methods designated by the Company.
- 11. “Posts” mean any information that has been posted on the Service in a form of texts, documents, pictures, voices, videos, or a combination thereof posted on the Service while using services.
- 12. “Place of Business” refers to a place designated as a “principal place of business” on the business registration certificate for managing business of providing Internet computer game facilities, where a business operator or an employee stays to operate an actual business.
- 13. An “Operator” refers to a person who operates services in accordance with procedures and methods prescribed by the Company to guarantee stable services and the user’s right to use services.
- 14. “A Minor” means a person who are under the age of majority per the laws of the country where the service applies.
- 15. The “Unauthorized Program” means a computer program or device that is not provided or approved by the Company, and includes all programs and devices that have the purpose of interfering with a normal service operation.
- 16. “Affiliate service” is a service affiliated with the Company’s service, and it refers to services operated by a third party in partnership with the Company, such as individual game services provided by the Provider.
② The definitions of the terms used in these Terms of Service shall be based on the relevant laws and regulations except as set forth in Paragraph 1, and the matters not set forth in these Terms of Service shall be governed by general commercial practices.
Article 3 (Provision of Company Information, etc.)
- 1. Company name and CEO name
- 2. Title of game products and report number of production business
- 3. Address for place of business (including an address where the user complaints can handled)
- 4. Telephone number, document facsimile transmission number (fax number) and email address
- 5. Ratings and rating classification number, date of production
- 6. Business registration number and mail-order business registration number
- 8. Terms of Service
- 9. Other matters deemed necessary by the Company
Article 4 (Description and Amendment of Terms and Conditions)
① The Company shall post the contents of these Terms of Service on the website or the linked page on the game home screen so that the User can easily access.
② The Company shall take measures so that the User can ask and respond to the contents of these Terms of Service.
③ The Company shall make sure that a person who intends to use the service can easily understand the terms and conditions of the Terms of Service, and that key matters including as withdrawal of membership, refund of overpaid payment, cancellation or termination of the contract, indemnification of the Company, compensation for damage to users, etc., are displayed for easier understanding in bold letter or by providing a separate linked page or pop-up screen, etc., before agreeing to the terms and conditions, to obtain consent from users.
④ The Company may amend these terms and conditions within the scope that does not violate related laws.
⑤ In the event the Company revises the terms and conditions, the Company shall notify the effective date and the amendment details, the reason for revision, etc. on the website and the home screen or the page linked to the home screen from at least 7 days before the effective date until a significant period of time passes after the effective date. However, any unfavorable or significant changes to the terms and conditions shall be announced from 30 days prior to the date, and the existing users shall be notified of the terms and conditions to be amended, effective date and reasons for amendment by e-mail or other methods. However, if the Company cannot contact the User, it will be replaced by the website notice.
⑥ In the event the company revises the terms and conditions, the Company shall announce the amended terms and conditions and confirm the consent of application of the amended terms and conditions. If the user does not express his or her intention to consent or refuse at the time of notification of amendment of the terms and conditions, it may be deemed that the User has consented to the amended terms and conditions in case that such matter has been notified along with the announcement.
⑦ If the User does not agree with the application of the amendment terms, the Company or the User may terminate the user agreement.
Article 5 (Rules Other than Terms and Conditions)
① The Company may have separate policies, etc. for the service, and in the event that the details are different from the contents of these Terms of Service, separate policies, etc. shall prevail.
② Matters not specified in these Terms of Service or interpretation thereof shall be governed by relevant laws and regulations.
Article 6 (Application and Method of Use)
① A person who intends to use the services provided by the Company shall agree to the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, and apply for use by filling out the application form available on the home screen or the website.
② The User shall provide all information required by the Company at the time of application for use.
③ Under Paragraph (1), the User shall enter his or her actual information when applying for the use. If false identification information is entered or another person’s name is used, the User may not claim the user’s rights under these Terms of Service, and the Company may cancel or terminate the user agreement without a refund.
④ If a minor applies for use, he or she shall obtain consent from the legal representative, and if no consent is obtained, the service use cannot be applied. In addition, if a minor requests the use of services by obtaining consent from the legal representative, the applicable legal representative shall be deemed to accept all of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
⑤ In the event a minor applies for use of contents requiring payment, the Company shall obtain consent from the legal representative, such as parents, and notify the User prior to the payment of the application that application of use of paid contents processed without consent from the legal representative may be cancelled.
Article 7 (Acceptance and Restriction on Application for Use)
① Unless there is an appropriate reason, the Company shall accept the application for use if the User has correctly entered the actual information that is required by the Company.
② The Company may does not approve or cancel approval even after approval for the application for use that corresponds to any of the following subparagraphs.
- 1. If application for use is in violation of Article 6
- 2. If fees for services are paid by unauthorized use or misuse of credit cards, wired/wireless telephone, bank accounts, etc. of a third party
- 3. If application for use is for the purpose of engaging in unlawful acts prohibited by relevant laws and regulations
- 4. If the minor does not obtain consent from the legal representative or cannot confirm that the consent has been obtained
- 5. If unlawful usage or a failure in the payment method for the service usage fees has occurred
- 6. If acceptance of the application for use is not available due to the similar reasons to the above
- 7. If a user who has terminated the agreement pursuant to Article 14 (1) submits application for use
③ The Company may defer an approval until the reasons are resolved in any of the following cases:
- 1. If the Company’s facilities are unavailable or have technical issues
- 2. If there is service interruption or a failure in the payment method for service usage fees
- 3. If acceptance of the application for use is not available due to the similar reasons to the above
Article 8 (User Account and Password)
① The Company shall grant the User a certain number of letters, numbers, or special characters that are selected by the User for convenience, such as user information protection, service usage guide, etc.
② The Company shall perform various user management tasks, such as availability of services by the User, through account information.
③ Users shall manage their account information with care of a good manager. The User is responsible for any damage incurred by negligently managing his or her account information or by allowing a third party to use his or her account.
④ The User personally chooses the password, and it is the User’s responsibility to manage the password. The User may change the password at any time as he or she wishes for security reasons.
⑤ The User shall change the password regularly.
⑥ The Company may request the User to change the password to protect the User’s information safely for urgent security reasons such as account information of users. In this case, the User shall change the password of the account owned by the User at the time of the initial access after the date requested by the Company.
⑦ If the information entered at the time of applying for subscription has changed, the User shall make corrections online or inform the Company of any changes via e-mail or other methods. The Company may not be responsible for any disadvantage that occurred due to the failure to notify the Company.
⑧ The User may not request the change of the account approved during the service usage period. However, if the Company requests the User to change the account due to the following reasons, the User shall respond to the request.
- 1. If it is deemed inevitable for the Company to provide more services to users in an efficient way
- 2. If it is necessary to merge with other services for the service operation or policies of the Company
- 3. If the account requested by the User is direly needed to change in accordance with relevant laws or policies of the company
⑨ Users may view and modify their personal information at any time on the Personal Information Management screen. However, some items required for service management may not be allowed to be modified.
⑩ The User shall provide information to the Company in accordance with these Terms of Service and may not be protected against any disadvantage caused by provision of false information.
Article 9 (Protection and Management of Personal Information)
① The Company shall make efforts to protect the personal information of users, including account information, as prescribed by relevant laws and regulations. For protection and use of users’ personal information, the relevant laws and regulations and personal information handling policies that the Company separately notified shall apply.
② Except for individual services provided as a part of the service, the Company’s personal information handling policy is not applicable for the service provided by services provided by third parties with links to the official website or each website by service.
③ The Company may not be responsible for all information including the account information of the User exposed due to a cause attributable to the User.
Article 10 (Collection of Information, etc.)
① The Company may save and retain all communication details (hereinafter “conversation, etc.”), such as conversation within the service, in-game mail, etc., and only the Company shall retain this information.
② In the event the Company deems necessary to mediate disputes, resolve civil complaints or maintain the order of the game between users (in case that it is necessary to investigate, process, or confirm any account theft, cash transactions, language violence, deceptive acts such as in-game fraud, bug abuse, acts of violations of the existing laws, and serious violations of the terms and conditions set forth in Article 14 of these Terms of Service, and access users’ conversation, etc. with respect to remedies therefor), the Company may access the conversation, etc. only.
③ In the event that the Company accesses the conversation, etc. pursuant to paragraph (2), it shall notify the User of the reason and scope of access in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
④ The Company may collect and use terminal settings and specification information, such as user PCs, for improvement of service quality, such as service operation and program stabilization. However, the information shall be collected after going through the User’s consent procedure.
Article 11 (Provision and Discontinuation of Game Services, etc.)
① The Company shall provide services during the period designated by the business policy. The Company shall announce the service provision time on the game home screen or the website.
② If any of the following subparagraphs applies, the service may not be provided for a certain period of time, and the Company may not be obligated to provide services during the applicable time period.
- 1. If necessary for the maintenance inspection, replacement, periodic inspection of information communication equipment such as computers, or for service operation
- 2. If it is necessary to respond to unstable services, such as electronic infringement accidents such as hacking, communication accidents, failures of service facility, or unusual game usage by users
- 3. In the event that the provision of services is prohibited in a way of restriction of certain hours or times pursuant to relevant laws, government and company policies
- 4. If a normal service may not be provided due to force majeure such as natural disaster, emergency situation, and blackout
- 5. If the Company’s business management is required due to the Company’s division, merger, business transfer, business closing, worsening of the service’s revenues, etc.
③ In the case of Paragraph (2)(i), the Company may suspend service by designating a certain amount of time on a weekly or biweekly basis, etc.
④ The Company may temporarily suspend service without prior notice due to the reasons under Paragraph (2)(ii). In this case, the Company may notify the fact on the home screen or the website.
⑤ The Company may not be responsible for any damage incurred to the User with respect to the use of free services provided by the Company. However, any damage caused by intentional or gross negligence of the Company shall be excluded.
⑥ In the event the service is suspended or disabled for 4 hours a day or longer (cumulative time) without prior notice due to a reason attributable to the Company with respect to the use of paid services provided by the Company, the Company shall extend the use time corresponding to the service suspension or failure time free of charge for accounts under the continuous use contract, and the User may not claim for a separate compensation from the Company.
⑦ In the event the service suspension or disorder has been notified in advance due to the server inspection, etc. with respect to the use of paid services provided by the Company, while the time of service suspension or disorder exceed 10 hours, the Company shall extend the usage time free of charge for the exceeding time, and the User may not claim for a separate damage compensation against the Company.
⑧ In the case of subparagraphs (iii) through (v) of Paragraph (2), the Company may terminate all of the services by technical and operational need. In such a case, it shall be notified on the website 30 days prior to the end date, and if there are unavoidable circumstances that notification cannot be made in advance, the it may be notified after the event.
⑨ In the event the Company terminates the Service pursuant to Paragraph (8), the User may not claim compensation for free service or the persistent paid User Agreement for items whose period of use has expired. For a paid item that does not have any restrictions on the period of use, the service end date will be considered as the time limit on use of the applicable paid item.
⑩ The Company may request the User to install the computer programs provided by the Company, if necessary for the provision of services. The Company shall notify the important matters such as capacity, function, removal method, and impact on other programs in an appropriate way according to the nature of the program, and obtain consent for the installation of the program before the User installs the program. However, if the User has set a browser option to automatically install the ActiveX program, the Company may consider it as agreed to install the ActiveX program and install the program without a separate confirmation.
⑪ If the Company patches or updates the program within the scope of not changing the information notified by the Company substantially, the notice and consent of the previous Paragraph may be omitted.
Article 12 (Modification of Game Service and Revision of Contents)
① The User may use the services provided by the Company in accordance with these terms and conditions and separate policies.
② The Game World that the Company provides to users through the service is a virtual world created by the Company, and the Company has a comprehensive authority to make, change, maintain, repair, and delete the game contents. The contents of services and affiliate services provided by the Company may be changed (patches) or deleted from time to time according to operational and technical needs, and in this case, the Company shall notify users through the website.
③ The Company may reassemble and separate various games and related sites provided by the website and service as part of the service. In this case, the Company shall actively notify users, and users will be provided with services at the reorganized or separated site.
④ If it is deemed necessary for operation, the Company may add, delete, or change the service’s planning or game-related information.
⑤ The Company may arbitrarily change the name of characters that have not logged in for more than a year from the last game access date for improvement of service and smooth operation. However, if the change is made, the schedule and contents shall be notified through the website 30 days prior to the date.
Article 13 (Company’s Obligations)
① The Company shall comply with the relevant laws and regulations, and perform the exercise of the rights and obligations under these terms and conditions in good faith.
③ In the event of a failure in the facilities or destruction of data in order to provide continuous and stable services, the Company shall make best efforts to repair or restore the same without delay unless there is an unavoidable reason such as natural disaster, emergency situation, technical defects and disability that are difficult to resolve.
④ The Company shall handle customer support services (handling of the User’s opinions, complaints, handicaps, etc.) for users using the service, and the details shall be in accordance with Article 26.
⑤ The Company shall make efforts to provide convenience to users with respect to the procedures and contents related to the contract with users, such as execution of the User Agreement, changes and termination of the agreement.
Article 14 (User’s Obligations)
① Users are obligated to comply with all the matters set forth in these terms and conditions. Users who are confirmed to have violated these terms and conditions may be restricted from using the Service.
② The User shall notify the Company of issues such as errors or hearing of the bugs or systems discovered during the use of the Service, and may not propagate or abuse them to other users. If the User fails to notify the Company of bugs or system errors even after such issues occur, the use of the Service may be restricted in accordance with these terms and conditions because they have caused damage to other users.
③ Since many users access the online game simultaneously, the User shall respect other users in playing the game.
④ The User shall be obligated to manage his or her account information. The User shall make efforts for the security of the account, and even if a third party causes damage by using the account information due to negligence in personal information management, the Company may not be responsible for this.
⑤ The detailed matters that the User is required to comply with in playing games shall be pursuant to Article 15.
⑥ Users shall check and comply with the matters specified in these terms and conditions, notices on the service website or each game site, and separate policies set by the Company.
Article 15 (Restriction of Usage)
① If any actions described in the following sections of “Game use Restrictions” and “Chat Restrictions” are found, legal liability will be applied to the User. Such actions may lead to account restriction and legal sanction will be enforced by the Company against the User.
② Users who have violated the following restrictions will be issued a warning, temporary/permanent ban, data adjustment depending on the severity of the violation. Also, two or more restrictions can be simultaneously applied depending on the type of violation. In this case the Company will impose sanctions based on the heavier violation.
- 1. Warning: Operator warnings, username change, posts/image deletion, and forced logout.
- 2. Temporary Restriction: Service use will be restricted for a certain period of time.
- 3. Permanent Restriction: Use of Service will be permanently restricted.
- 4. Momentary Restriction: The Company may temporarily restrict the use of Service to investigate bugs and certain violations. When such restrictions are in progress, the User will be notified of the reasons and current status of the violation, as well as the methods to appeal to the Company.
- 5. Content Restriction: Content related to the violation will be restricted for a certain period of time. This includes chat, BBS, Customer Service, etc.
- 6. Game Data Adjustment: Character data, items, paid content, in-game money, and any type of data acquired through the game system will be adjusted, deleted, or initialized.
- 7. IP Restriction: Certain IP addresses will be restricted due to service operation reasons.
- 8. PC Restriction: Certain PCs will be restricted due to service operation reasons.
③ Depending on the severity of the violation, the Company may impose IP restrictions and PC restrictions in addition to account restrictions.
④ When multiple Users violate the same regulation, the Company may issue warnings, temporary/permanent restrictions, and data adjustment depending on the severity of each User’s violation.
⑤ Restriction policies are based on the User’s account and and form of violation will lead to the restriction of Service in all servers.
⑥ If a User violates other laws immediate measures will be conducted. In such circumstances, the Company can request support to the related authorities and law enforcement for further investigation. If authorities and law enforcement request assistance the Company will respond immediately.
⑦ The standards for game use restrictions are as follows:
Illegally using another user’s name/account/payment information
Offensive action towards game and server
Data manipulation/extraction, client manipulation
Production, distribution, and usage of unauthorized program/macro
Gold mining and the usage of private networks
Exploitation of payment service provider’s process
Severe bug exploitation/abusing
Violation of service country’s law
In-game data and account trade
Real world threatening
RMT (including purchase attempts)
Advertising and promotion
(In accordance with the laws of each country) Boosting
Disclosure of personal information
Exploiting the Customer Service Center
Spreading false information
Interfering with game operation
Interfering with game play
Interfering with streaming
Offensive User name
Posting offensive content
Impair/Hinder Fair Competition
⑧ The standards for chat restriction are as follows:
(1) Use of abusive language/vulgarism
(2) Use of offensive language/behavior that can lead to sexual humiliation
(3) Any action that demeans, mocks, criticizes, or promotes social conflict in a particular country, ethnicity, region, political party, person, religion, race, gender, or disability.
(4) Use of language that goes against social conventions and is perceived as offensive by others
(5) Inducing conflict between players and the use of offensive language during such action
(6) Using ambiguous language for abusive purposes
(7) Causing discomfort or threatening others through certain actions or language
(8) Causing displeasure/disgust through prohibited language stated in other terms
(9) Exploitation of personal information (address, phone number, email address, etc.)
(10) Intentionally changing the order or spelling of words violating subparagraphs (1) to (9)
(11) Spamming identical/similar content continuously on the chat channel, making other players unable to communicate.
(12) Spamming numbers on the chat channel, making other players unable to communicate.
※ When conducting abusive language, you may be banned without prior warning.
※ Violating subparagraphs (7) and (9) will also result in a temporary account restriction.
⑨ During any of the following cases, the user's account can be suspended until the investigation is completed. After the investigation, the paid service will be extended according to period the account was suspended. However, this will not apply to cases where the User is confirmed as a violator of the User Agreement, or it turns out after an investigation or action that the company is not responsible for the problem that the user cannot solve on his/her own.
- 1. If a justifiable report has been submitted claiming that the account was hacked or stolen
- 2. If it is reasonably suspected that the User has violated related laws, the User Agreement, and certain regulations, such as unauthorized program usage, gold mining, etc.
- 3. If the Company determines that it is urgently needed for verifying the facts of using bugs, causing specific damage or inflicting harm.
- 4. If the User’s consent has been requested due to the need for investigation and measures regarding to issues that the User cannot solve individually
- 5. If the account needs to take tentative measures for reasons comparable to the above
Article 16 (Notification of Restriction on Use and Raising Objections)
① In the event that the Company’s restriction on use is justified, the Company may not compensate for any loss, such as loss of paid contents, point expiration, etc. that the User suffers due to the restriction on use.
② In case of restricting the use of users, the Company shall notify the reasons, types, period, and methods to raise objections by announcing by writing, e-mail, in-game mail, pop-up window on the game home screen, or any equivalent methods and notifying on the website, etc., so that users can check the information. However, if the User is seriously deviated from obligations of the User, or if the swift handling is required due to the nature of the violation or the User has inflicted damage on the Company due to intentional or gross negligence, the Company may take measures of restriction on the User without prior notice.
③ The User may file an objection to the restriction of use on the customer center on the website within 15 days from the date of receiving the notification on the restriction of use. If the User’s objection is determined reasonable, the Company shall take measures equivalent to that, such as disabling the restriction applied to the User immediately and restoring the adjusted game information.
④ The User shall be responsible for managing the account information, and the User may not use the account of a third party or allow the third party to use his or her account. In case of violation of the Terms of Service and the User’s obligations while sharing the account, the User and his or her account will be subject to sanctions.
⑤ Users who are restricted from use in violation of these terms and conditions shall lose their right to use the paid contents and account and may not claim refunds or damages resulting from this.
Article 17 (Cancellation and Withdrawal of Users)
① The User may terminate the User Agreement (hereinafter the “Membership Withdrawal”). If the User requests withdrawal of membership, the Company may verify the User’s identity, and if the User is found to be himself or herself, the Company shall process the same as prescribed by the User’s request and related laws and regulations, etc.
② If the User wishes to terminate the user agreement, he or she may cancel the membership through the withdrawal process at the customer center or within the service.
③ If the User terminates the User Agreement, the personal information of the User shall be deleted except when the Company possesses user information pursuant to the Personal Information Handling Policy and related laws.
④ Once the membership withdrawal is completed, the User may not be able to sign up for a certain period of time after withdrawal.
⑤ In the event the agreement of the Company is terminated, the user agreement provided by the Company will also be terminated together, and the User shall be responsible for disadvantages such as suspension of service use due to membership withdrawal, use of various goods and game data remaining in the account, and non-refundable or unrecoverable data.
Article 18 (Charging and Use of Gcoin by Korean Users)
① Gcoins may be charged via the payment methods provided by the Company. However, if there is a separate business operator who operates each means of payment, the User shall implement the procedures provided by the business operator of the applicable payment method before using the applicable payment method. In paying for the service usage fee of the Company, the User shall be deemed to have agreed to fulfillment of the process and the user agreement provided by the business of the applicable payment method.
② Gcoins may be charged in units provided by the Company’s internal policies, and the charging unit may differ by selected payment method and game. In addition, the Company may set the monthly charging limit according to the policy of the provider of payment methods or relevant laws.
③ Gcoins are used to pay for the Company’s game and paid contents, and the User’s payment and usage history can be checked on the website.
④ Interest income for the remaining Gcoin balance does not occur.
⑤ If any of the following subparagraphs applies, the Company may not accept the application for the charging of Gcoins or cancel the approval after the purchase.
- 1. If the payment is not made or the payer is not verified
- 2. When the payment information of another person is stolen
- 3. If the legal representative does not consent to the minor’s application for charging
- 4. In addition, if it is deemed inappropriate to approve for a reason equivalent to Subparagraphs (i) through (iii)
⑥ Gcoins charged by the User may automatically expire after 5 years from the end date of the last use of Gcoin Services such as use and charging. However, if the service is discontinued for a certain reason, the expiration date may not be guaranteed.
⑦ The order of Gcoin deduction, use method of Gcoins, etc., shall be pursuant to the notification separately specified on the website or the Gcoin charging page by the Company.
⑧ In the event a dispute over the purchase of Gcoin arises between the User and the provider providing a payment method, the involved parties shall resolve the dispute, the Company may not be responsible.
Article 19 (Refund of Gcoins for Korean Users)
① The User with a Gcoin balance may request the Company for a refund for the remaining Gcoin balance.
② In case of the Paragraph above, the Company deducts 10% of the remaining Gcoin balance, including bank transfers and payment agency fees. If the value of remaining Gcoin balance is less than KRW 10,000, a fee of KRW 1,000 shall be deducted.
③ The refund may be restricted if the use of services is restricted or if the User Agreement is terminated due to the reasons attributable to the User, such as violation of the current laws, regulations and the major terms and conditions.
④ The User may not receive a refund for Gcoin that is obtained in the course of services or as rewards of events, etc. without payments of the actual normal purchase history.
⑤ The Company shall refund the amount set forth in Paragraph (2) within 3 business days from the date the User requests a refund of Gcoin according to the procedures set forth by the Company.
Article 20 (Compensation for Overpayments or Erroneous Payments of Korean Users)
① In case of an overpayment or erroneous payment, the Company shall refund the overpaid payment in the same manner as the payment of the usage amount is made. However, if a refund is unavailable in the same way, this shall be notified in advance.
② In case of overpayments or erroneous payments occurred due to a reason attributable to the Company, the Company shall reimburse the entire amount of the overpaid payment regardless of the contract cost, fees, etc. However, in case of overpayments or erroneous payments occurred due to a reason attributable to the the user, the amount the Company pays for a refund for overpayments or erroneous payments shall be borne by the User within a reasonable range.
③ The Company may contact users through the information provided by the User to process the refund of overpayments, and may request provision of necessary information.
④ In principle, the refund of overpayments pursuant to this Article will take place within 3 business days from the date the Company receives a request for refund of overpayments from the User and receives the information necessary for a refund.
Article 21 (Withdrawal of Subscription by Korean Users)
① The User who has entered into a contract regarding the use of the Company’s paid content may request withdrawal of subscription without a separate fee, penalty, indemnification, etc. through oral, written statements (including electronic documents) or the customer center of the website within 7 days from the date of the purchase agreement.
② In the event the User falls under any of the following subparagraphs, the User shall not request the withdrawal of subscription in accordance with Paragraph (1) against the Company’s intent. However, in the case of a purchase agreement composed of divisible contents, this may not apply to the remaining parts that do not correspond to any of the following subparagraphs among the divisible contents.
- 1. If a part or whole of the content is destroyed or damaged due to the reasons attributable to the User
- 2. If a part or whole of the content has been used or consumed including being used or applied as soon as the purchase is made or additional benefits being applied
- 3. If there is an act of opening the contents which can be viewed by opening or whose usefulness is determined when opened
- 4. If it is impossible to retrieve because some of the contents sold in a bundle are used
- 5. Content that is not purchased by users
- 6. Content that is restricted from subscription withdrawal pursuant to relevant laws and regulations
③ In the case of contents that cannot be withdrawn from subscription in accordance with the provisions set forth in each subparagraph of Paragraph (2), the Company shall clearly express such fact in a place where the User can easily access, provide the test-use product of the corresponding contents (permission of the limited use, provision of products for experience, etc.) or if it is difficult to provide such information, the Company shall provide the information on the contents so that the User’s exercise of the right to withdraw order is not hindered. If the Company fails to take such measures, the User may request cancellation of subscription in spite of the reasons for limitation of request for withdrawal in each subparagraph of Paragraph 2.
④ Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraphs (1) through (2), users may request withdrawal of subscription within 3 months from the date of purchase or the date of availability for the paid contents, or within 30 days of the date where the User learns or could have learnt such fact, if the content of the paid contents is different from that of the displayed advertisement, or if the content is performed differently from the contents of the agreement.
⑤ In the event the User requests withdrawal of subscription in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Article, the Company shall retrieve the User’s paid content and refund the amount paid by the User within 3 business days. In such a case, if the Company delays the refund to the User, the interest calculated by multiplying the delayed period by the interest rate calculated in accordance with the “Electronic Commerce Act” and the Enforcement Decree of the same Act shall be paid.
⑥ Other matters related to withdrawal of subscription shall be governed by the relevant laws and regulations.
Article 22 (Purchasing, Requesting, and Withdrawing Paid Contents/Gcoin of Steam Platform Users)
① Service users through the Steam platform may purchase through the payment method provided on the Steam platform when purchasing paid content and Gcoin.
② The rules and policies for the paid contents and Gcoin that users purchased through the steam platform comply with the related terms and policies of the Steam platform.
③ The withdrawal of subscription of service users through the Steam platform shall comply with the relevant terms and conditions and policies of the Steam platform.
④ Service use may be restricted in case of misusing various processes related to the steam platform’s paid content and Gcoin purchase, refund, order cancellation, etc.
Article 23 (Website Operation and Posting Policy)
① The Company may temporarily suspend the website service for the purpose of improving regular inspection or service quality.
② The rights and responsibilities of the User’s post are to be used by the User, and the civil and criminal liability arising from the infringement of the intellectual property rights of a third party, such as copyrights of a third party, shall be entirely borne by the User, unless there is no Company’s intentionally or gross negligence.
③ The Company shall value the postings of users and protect them in order to ensure that they are not altered, damaged or deleted. However, the Company may delete, move or refuse to upload posts that correspond to any of the following subparagraphs without prior notice, and may take certain measures to users who have posted such posts in accordance with the terms and conditions and separate policies.
- 1. If the contents insult, defame reputation of, or threaten the safety of other users or third parties
- 2. If the User uploads the pornographic posts or links a pornographic website
- 3. If the posts include infringement of any rights including intellectual property rights such as copyrights, etc. of the Company, other users, or third parties
- 4. In case that the post fails to match the posting principles defined by the Company or meet the nature of the bulletin board
- 5. If, as not permitted under the Company’s policy, the is related to trading of the User’s account or items in the game, virtual assets, etc.
- 6. In case the post is about promoting illegal copying or hacking
- 7. In case the post is objectively recognized as a connection to crimes
- 8. In case the post includes commercial contents for the purpose of profit
- 9. In case the post interferes with normal operation of the Company or the Service
- 10. In case the post spreads or provides a link to the contents which disrupt public order and the customs
- 11. If it is deemed that the post violates other related laws and regulations, or Article 14 and Article 15 of the Terms of Service
④ If an act corresponding to Paragraph 3 above is confirmed, measures such as deletion of the post and comments and writing restrictions shall be taken. However, if it has caused significant damage to the Company or other users, or if there is a serious reason such as violating related laws, the restriction on the use of the website or on the use of the Game Service may apply depending on the severity of the case.
Article 24 (Reversion of Copyrights, Etc.)
① Copyrights and other intellectual property rights for contents produced by the Company within the Service are owned by the Company. With respect to the Service, the Company shall only grant the right to use contents, etc. to users in accordance with the terms and conditions of use set forth by the Company, and users may not be engaged in acts of disposal such as transfer, sale, or provision as collateral.
② The User may not use, or allow a third party to use the information whose intellectual property right subject to the Company or the Provider from the information obtained by using services provided by the Company for the purpose of profit by a way of copying, transmitting, publishing, distributing, broadcasting, or any other methods without prior approval from the Company or the Provider.
③ Users permit the Company to use communication including the conversation texts, image, sound, and all other data and information (hereinafter referred to as the “User Contents”) shown in the game, or uploaded or transmitted by the User or other users via game client or services with respect to the Service under the following methods and conditions.
- 1. The Company may use the user contents as they are or through editing, modification to form and other modifications. They may be used in any form, such as announcement, cloning, performance, transmission, distribution, broadcasting, secondary production, etc., and there is no limit to the period of use and region.
- 2. The Company may not sell, lease or transfer the user contents for the purpose of transactions without prior consent of the User.
④ User contents (e.g., posts on the general bulletin board) that are not displayed within the game and not fully integrated with the Service may be exposed to search results or company services and related promotions, and the Company may partially modify, copy, or edit the same within the scope required for the applicable exposure. Users may request deletion of, exclusion of search results of, and closing the contents of the User at any time through the customer center or in-service management function.
⑤ If the Company intends to use the post by a method other than those described in Paragraphs (3) and (4), the Company shall obtain consent from the User in advance via telephone, fax, e-mail, and in-game mail.
⑥ In the event it is deemed that the post is applicable to the prohibited acts set forth in Article 14 and Article 15 regarding the post or its contents within the Service posted or uploaded by the User, the Company may delete or refuse the uploads without prior notice.
⑦ The User whose legal interests have been violated due to information posted on the board, etc. operated by the Company, may request the Company to delete the applicable information or uploading of posts for rebuttal. In such a case, the Company shall take necessary measures quickly, and notify the applicant of this matter.
⑧ If the copyright holder of the contents holding the copyright confirms that his or her copyright has been infringed, he or she may report such fact through the customer center on the website and request suspension of copying or transmission.
⑨ If the user has been confirmed to have repeatedly infringed the copyright of another person twice or more, the applicable user may not use the relevant contents, and restrictions on use of the website and game service may apply.
⑩ The above provision shall remain effective while the Company operates the Service and shall continue to apply even after the User terminates the User Agreement and withdraws from the membership.
Article 25 (Provision of Information and Posting of Advertisements)
① The Company may post various information and advertisements related to all services of the Company that are deemed necessary during the use of the Service on the website, and may provide the same for users via e-mail, telephone, etc. However, if provided by e-mail or telephone, it shall only be sent to users who have agreed to receive marketing related information. Users who do not want to receive such information may refuse the receipt via e-mail or telephone.
② The services provided by the Company may include various types of advertisements including banners and links, which may be linked to a page provided by a third party other than the Company.
③ When linked to a page provided by a third party pursuant to the preceding Paragraph, the Company may not guarantee the reliability, stability, etc. because the corresponding page is not the service area of the Company, and the Company may not be responsible for any damage to the User, incurred by the matter. However, this may not apply if the Company has facilitated the occurrence of damage, or failed to takes measures for preventing damage due to intentional or gross negligence.
Article 26 (Customer Support and Dispute Resolution)
① The notice, guidance, and customer support provided by the Company to the User regarding this Service are provided in Korean, English, Chinese, and Russian only, and the languages provided may be changed depending on the circumstances of the Company.
② In consideration of the User’s convenience, the Company shall guide the User’s questions, opinions, and complaints to the linked page or the website within the service. The Company shall operate dedicated personnel for handling inquiries, opinions and complaints from such users. If any inquiries, opinions, complaints, etc. are received in other manners than those that the Company has guided, response is unavailable..
③ If the inquiry, opinion, or complaint raised by the User is recognized as reasonable and objective, the Company shall promptly process it within a reasonable period of time. However, the Company may not be able to respond to the issue due to internal circumstances.
④ If a dispute arises between the Company and the User, and a third-party dispute mediation institution arbitrate the dispute, the Company may prove the measures taken for the User, such as restriction of use, and comply with the arbitration of the dispute mediation institution.
Article 27 (Compensation for Damages)
① If the Company causes damage to the User due to intention or gross negligence, the Company shall be responsible for compensating the User for such damage.
② If the User causes damage to the Company in violation of these terms and conditions, the User shall be responsible for compensating the Company for such damage.
③ If the paid contents purchased by the User are lost due to a reason attributable to the Company, the Company shall restore it to the original state before loss. However, if restoration to the original condition is impossible in a commercially reasonable manner, the Company may provide other contents of equivalent value that can be used within the game, and the User may not claim for a separate damage against the Company.
Article 28 (Exemption of the Company)
① The Company shall be exempted from responsibility if the service cannot be provided due to reasons of force majeure such as wars, accidents, natural disasters, national emergencies, technical defects that are difficult to resolve, and existence of government policies.
② The Company shall be exempted from responsibility unless the Company’s intention or gross negligence has occurred to the User due to the failure to suspend or provide the telecommunications services to the User.
③ The Company shall be exempted from responsibility unless the service is suspended or a failure occurs due to unavoidable reasons such as repair, replacement, periodic inspection, construction, etc. of the service facilities as previously notified.
④ The Company shall be exempted from responsibility for the failure of the Service, suspension of use, or termination of the contract due to reasons attributable to the User.
⑤ The Company shall be exempted from any issues arising from the computer environment of the Use,r or any issues arising from the network environment without intention or gross negligence of the Company.
⑥ The Company shall be exempted from responsibility if the User suffers damage due to poor input of or poor management of personal data such as personally identifiable information.
⑦ The Company shall be exempted from responsibility even if the User could not get results that the User expect while using the Service, including characters, experience, items, etc., or loss thereof, and the Company shall be exempted from liability unless there is Company’s intention or gross negligence in connection with the loss, etc. arising from selecting or using the service.
⑧ The Company shall be exempted from responsibility unless there is Company’s intention or gross negligence with respect to the loss of game data owned by the User, such as the User’s cyber assets (game money), level, etc. in the game.
⑨ The Company shall be exempted from responsibility unless there is Company’s intention or gross negligence with respect to reliability, accuracy, etc. of the information and materials within the Service or on the website posted or transmitted by the User.
⑩ The Company shall be exempted from responsibility of intervention in the event a dispute risen as a medium for services or due to violation of related laws and regulations such as infringement of the right of a third party including copyright, etc. has occurred between users or between the user and a third party, and may not be liable for any damage resulting from this.
⑪ The Company shall be exempted from responsibility for damages resulting from the partnership services provided by a third party, unless there is Company’s intention or gross negligence.
⑫ The Company may limit the service usage hours depending on the related laws and regulations of each service country, government policies, etc., and the responsibilities are exempted for various matters related to the service use that occur according to such and limitations.
⑬ In the case of free services provided by the Company, the Company may not conpensate losses unless there is Company’s intention or gross negligence.
⑭ The Company shall be exempted from responsibility unless there is a loss caused by a computer error of the User, or if the damage has occurred due to inaccurate listing or failure to enter the personal information and e-mail address.
⑯ If the User deletes the content or account information provided by the Company, the Company shall be exempted from responsibility. However, this may not apply in case of intention or gross negligence of the Company.
⑰The company shall be exempted from responsibility for any damages to the Service or third-party payments caused by the User’s negligence in managing passwords or authentication means or by failing to pay sufficient attention to prevent misuse, forgery, or falsification. However, this may not apply in case of intention or gross negligence of the Company.
⑱The affiliated company shall be responsible for the services provided by the customer in residence. If any problem arises by using the Service that is not provided by the Company, the company shall be exempted from responsibility.
Article 29 (Notice to Users)
① If the Company sends a notification the User, it may be sent by the User’s email, text message (LMS/SMS), in-game mail, pop-up window on the game home screen, etc. However, if the Company cannot contact the User, it shall be replaced by the website notice.
② In the event the Company notifies all users, the Company may substitute the notice under Paragraph (1) by posting or presenting a pop-up window on the Company’s website or the home screen of each individual game site for 7 days or longer.
Article 30 (Jurisdiction and Governing Laws)
① These Terms of Service and User Agreement shall be regulated and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the Republic of Korea.
② Even if the contents of these terms and conditions are deemed to have no effect in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act and other enforceable provisions of the Act, the remaining part of the terms and conditions that do not fall thereunder shall be valid.
③ For all disputes arising from or related to the terms and conditions and User Agreement, the court with jurisdiction shall be determined in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the related laws and regulations.
The Terms of Service shall enter into force from May 21, 2020.
The Terms of Service shall enter into force from July 13, 2020.