Greetings, this is Shadow Arena.
Here are the updates made to Shadow Arena during the maintenance on July 23 (Thu).
* Patch Size: 502.41 MB (Approx.)
Check out all the details below, and we will see you in the arena!
■ Tier Structure Revamp
- Player Tiers were revamped for the Beta Season Round 2.
> Tier Points will be updated based on the results at the end of each game and will determine if a promotion/demotion match takes place for changes in Tier.
> A player can qualify for a promotion match to a higher Tier when they reach 100 points,
> If a player’s Tier Points reaches 0, a tier demotion will occur.
> After the start of each round, the results of the first 5 games will determine which Tier placement a player receives.
- Please refer to the link below for more details on how the Tier structure was revamped including information about Tier points and promotion requirements. (Modified)
▶ Learn more about Player Tiers
■ New Hero ‘Gorgath’
- Gorgath, a new Hero, was added.
> Gorgath is a Hero that summons rock and boulders to take control of an area.
- Added Titles for achieving Gorgath’s Mastery levels.
> Gorgath Rookie
> Gorgath Expert
> Gorgath Master
- Added a new item “Energy Recovery Potion” which can be obtained by using the skill Forbidden Alchemy (4).
> Energy Recovery Potion: Fully recover stamina over 0.5 seconds.
- Added a Clan Flag teleport feature.
> The Clan Flag can only be summoned in the Sparring Grounds by the Clan Master. It can be summoned with a button and allows fellow clan members to instantly teleport to the flag’s location.
> The Summon Clan Flag ability has a cooldown of 10 minutes.
> Clan members can instantly teleport to the flag’s location with the P button.
- Added a UI to the Clan window where you can view your clan members’ current Tiers.
- Added the ability to use the Clan Chat feature in a game.
■ Dark Shift (Q) and Blink (E)
- Added a cooldown reduction system to Dark Shift (Q) that will reduce the cooldown time whenever you are debuffed by a Crowd Control (CC) skill.
> Stiffness: 2 seconds
> Knockback: 3 seconds
> Grab, Freeze, Knockdown, Stun: 4 seconds
> The cooldown reduction is more for skills that inflict debuffs multiple times such as Gerhard Shultz’s Bestial Howl or Venslar’s Radiant Pursuit.
- Blink (E) can now be used regardless of the situation (excluding while being CC'd by Knockdown, Stiffness, etc.).
- Dark Shift can now be used regardless of the situation.
- Dark Shift (Q) will now push back based upon the hit point.
This change is one of the major changes developed for the start of round 2. By changing Dark Shift, we want to encourage continued fights since Dark Shift will be available more often in long drawn out engagements or after an intense battle, and as well as when you are attacked by multiple enemies or to penalize combos that are too long/hit too many times.
Additionally, we believe you’ve probably had cases where you were mashing the Q/E button because you wanted to avoid an enemy’s attack with Dark Shift or Blink, but it wouldn’t activate when you wanted it to. In the previous round, there were situations where Dark Shift and Blink were not usable during certain actions, which probably caused many players to be frustrated as they didn’t know when it was restricted. That’s why with this new round, we’ve improved Dark Shift to make it usable in any situation and made Blink usable as long as your Hero’s actions are not restricted.
As these changes can have an immense impact on the game’s landscape, we’ll keep a close eye on how they pan out and make any necessary adjusts next week.
■ Jump Gate
- Changed Jump Gates to appear in 6 fixed locations in the center and north of the map.
> A Jump Gate will also randomly appear in one location at the bottom of the map.
This is another major change for round 2. Along with the Ancient Altars, which activate in order, the location of the Jump Gates was an important factor for setting the tactical flow during a match, but the Jump Gates’ random locations often made establishing a clear, repeatable strategy somewhat useless.
Also, the northern area of the map didn’t have as many advantages as a starting point compared to the center and southern areas of the map, which have many Ancient Altars and good monster zones. So, we’ve placed the Jump Gates in the north as a contrast to the Ancient Altars in the south. We hope this will let players create more diverse strategies for all stages in a match.
However, to keep a surprise factor in a match, one Jump Gate will be in a random location in the south.
- Heroes will now display a visual effect above their heads when a Super Armor, Defensive, or Invincibility buff is active.
> Note: Skills that make a Hero disappear (Rolling, Ahon Kirus’ Phantom Raven, Haru’s Mirage, Yeonhwa’s Red Moon, etc.) will not display this visual effect even if it has an Invincibility or Super Armor buff.
- Fixed an issue where Lahn, Yeonhwa, Ahon Kirus, Herawen, Haru, and Venslar using a Kick (F) backwards while not moving appeared as if they were kicking in their original direction from the perspective of other players.
- Removed the visual effect when a Hero gets the Aal's Eye buff.
- Fixed an issue where the DP +8% buff was not applied when hit by a Stun or knocked down in place.
- Fixed an issue where the 8% damage reduction buff was not applied when hit by a Stun or knocked down in place.
We understood and deliberated quite a bit about how difficult it was for players to see when the Super Armor or forward guard was active. With the introduction of a visual effect for Super Armor and forward guard in this update, we believe you’ll have that difficulty.
We also discovered and fixed an issue where the temporary DP buff you’d get for being repeatedly CC’d was not being applied when Stunned or knocked down in place. The impact of this change will reduce the damage of several skills (e.g. Bestial Howl) and combos that stun or knock down a Hero in place and rapidly deal consecutive hits.
- Sun of Destruction - Ultimate Level (4): Fixed an issue where the graphical effect of skill would linger above her head when interrupted by being attacked immediately after using the skill.
- Sun of Destruction (4): Fixed the max damage in the skill description to match the actual damage dealt.
> Level 1: 810 → 972
> Level 2: 972 → 1166
> Level 3: 1296 → 1555
> Ultimate: 1296 → 1555
- Rock Smash (2): Fixed the max damage in the Level 1 skill description to match the actual damage dealt.
> Level 1: 328 → 560
- Fixed an issue where using Natural Marksman (RMB) without any stamina caused Orwen to stop moving.
- Sleeve Tangler (2) - Ultimate Level: Adjusted the 3rd strike to activate a little bit faster than before.
- Sleeve Tangler (2) - Ultimate Level: Fixed an issue where damage would sporadically not be inflicted.
- Reduced the base damage of crouching attacks from 2.5 times to 2 times.
- Corpse Cut (2) - Ultimate Level: Fixed an issue where the DP buff was not applied when using the skill.
- Blood Flurry (4): Fixed the max damage is in the skill description to match the actual damage dealt.
> Level 1: 2851 → 2794
> Level 2: 3706 → 3666
> Level 3: 5132 → 5053
> Ultimate Level: 5132 → 5053
We’ve fixed the skill description of Blood Flurry, since it stated the damage as lower than the actual damage. (Only the skill description was changed, and the actual damage remain unchanged.)
In addition, while most Heroes’ crouching attack is set to be 2.5 times the basic attack damage, Goyen’s basic attack is much higher due to his slower attack speed, so we felt 2.5 times this higher damage was too much and reduced the damage his crouching attack.
- Hell Flower (2): Reduced the casting time of all levels by 30%.
- Nimbus Stride (4): Changed all levels of the skill to activate a spinning attack as a combo after the stab attack.
- Fixed an issue where the –50% DP reduction effect in the Dark Fog was not taking effect.
- Defeated Ruins Golems will no longer drop Lightstones.
- AI Bots will now use the skills Dark Shift (Q) and Blink (E) less frequently in combat.
- Fixed AI Bots to be knocked down the same amount of time as normal Heroes when inflicted by a Float debuff.
- Changed AI Bots to gradually gain more DP as time goes by in a game.
- Fixed an issue where projectiles would sporadically be blocked in the Dark Fog.
- The Red Dragon compass and map icon will no longer be displayed when the Red Dragon’s Offering is used.
- Changed the damage dealt by the Red Dragon’s flame breath from fixed damage to normal damage that is affected by DP.
- Fixed an issue where too little Guard Capacity was consumed when attacked by a Red Dragon.
- [Gorgath, I Choose You!] event has started.
> Event Period: July 23, 2020 (Thu) after maintenance - July 30, 2020 (Thu) before maintenance > Get an [Event] All-Hero Pass (1 Day) that lets you freely play all the Shadow Arena Heroes for 1 day.
- [GET 3X SILVER!] event has started.
> Event: July 23, 2020 (Thu) after maintenance – August 6, 2020 (Thu) before maintenance
> Get 3 times the silver from Solo/Team/AI matches during the event period.
■ Fixes and Improvements
- Changed the AI match difficulty options to Easy and Hard.
> Hardcore mode is now only playable in Custom mode.
- Changed the basic setting for pressing the Storage button in the Lobby to open the Shop Storage.
- Changed the in-game Skill window to display skill descriptions for all levels even if the Chat window is opened.
- Changed the Hero Selection screen to have Gorgath be displayed at the top.
- Changed the Hero Selection UI as follows.
> Slots at the bottom of the Hero list will now only display half the slot.
> Added a scroll bar to the left of the Hero list.
> Added an arrow to the bottom of the Hero list.
- Changed the message that appeared when failing to enter a Custom room due to an incorrect password.
- Added informational text to the Report UI asking players to fill out the reason for sending their report to help us perform a better investigation.
- Changed the match results screen to always display the placement, kill score, and ranking point categories even if the page is turned.
- Changed the text of the Clan tab to have the same color as the chat when on the in-game Chat window.
- Fixed an issue where the Voice Chat UI would sporadically behave abnormally when entering a Team match.
- Changed the Combo Guide to behave normally even if a skill is leveled up in-game.
- Changed the text of the in-game Chat type settings button from “Guild” to “Clan”.
- The Friend UI will now be displayed when receiving a Friend Request.